Wednesday 22 February 2012

London Fashion Week



LFW again and I find myself, as a non fashion industry insider, reviewing what it means to me and other Londoners.

I have attended a couple of shows and did enjoy them (even though women's fashion is not something I'm particularly interested in).

What one notices is that a number of LFW venues have sprung up all across central London and a significant hike in the number of models on the streets.

But for the most part it's a non-event for Londoners.

In Milan, the whole city seems to go crazy.  In London, the discrete LFW logos in the stores sum up the understated tone of the event.

Is this deliberate?  I'd like to see LFW become more of an event that's for the whole of London to get involved with.

British cultural and sporting occasions are often marked by the involvement of all sections of society.  The best example being Royal Ascot, which is of course is attended by everyone from the Queen down to, well...us.

LFW is much narrower.  That's a pity.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment